Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hailey's Snow Bunny 1st Birthday

So, Hailey turned ONE! Almost six months ago. However, I wasn't blogging then & since I am now, I wanted to share some of the details of her birthday party.



I should preface this with a couple of things. 

1. I always start out planning with the intention to keep things simple. 

2. It never stays super simple because I have fun getting creative with it (while doing my best to keep a budget). 

3. One of my closest friends helps me A TON. She is WAY more creative & talented in this area. She's an incredible party/wedding/event planner & I'm lucky she's my friend & willing to help me execute my ideas. 

4. I paired down the amount of pictures in this post from 378. Yep. Three hundred, seventy-eight pictures. Can you imagine if that had happened pre-digital photo era? That would be almost 16 rolls of film. Thank the LORD for digital cameras (and by digital cameras, I mean my iPhone).


5. Hailey had a really rough start to life (you can read about her birth & the start of her NICU story here). It is only by God's grace that she survived & I am eternally grateful. The whole first year of her life was rough for a variety of reasons. It meant more than I can put into words to celebrate her on her first birthday. So, if it looks like I really went all out, it's because I did. Not because I'm a perfectionist (though I do tend that way), not because I'm super mom, and not out of some desire to show off. I went all out because I wanted to celebrate all that God had done in the first year of my sweet Hailey's life.




We went with the theme "Snow Bunny" for Hailey's February birthday. I loved being able to use some Christmas decor & some Easter. The colors we used were pale pink, mint, gold, & white. 



Wrapped silverware is super simple to do & so much
easier when people are getting their food! These are

the kinds of things my sweet friend who helped me
teaches me ;-)

These little bunny sandwiches made me so happy!


Hailey's smash cake




I bought bunny printouts for the kids to decorate.
It was an easy, low-maintenance activity.

"bunny snacks" for the kids



The birthday girl & her grandma
For favors, each kid got a wind-up bunny

We had guests write a little note to Hailey.
By the way, if you haven't read "Someday",
you definitely should!

Photos of Hailey from her first year










Hot Cocoa Bar!



Hailey was upset because I wouldn't let her
play with the candle lighter. Mean mama.

Emma "helped" Hailey eat her cake. 




This sweet girl EXUDES joy!

4 Generations: Grandpa, Hailey, Great-Grandma, Mama, Emma

Hailey with her Auntie & Uncle. I love how Hailey is giving
my brother the stare down here.

Sisters <3


Let's ignore my face here
(I'm the worst at candid photos &
really I should've edited it out, but I'm leaving it because real life.)
How adorable is my sweet, excited daughter?!




Cousins!

Mommy & Daddy with our sweet, joyful Hailey

And that is how we celebrated how far God brought Hailey & our whole family in just one year. She is now a healthy, joyful 17 month old with zero health issues. That feels nothing more than miraculous. 

11 comments:

  1. SO STINKIN' CUTE!! Isn't it crazy how a "simple" party turns into anything BUT! I had 1st bday parties ("simple" like yours! LOL!) then the 3rd came along and she has yet to have a party!! Ha! She's 3! I guess I should get on that..maybe Sweet 16! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party decor was beautifully done! Shew! I can appreciate the time and effort behind that. And so awesome to have the generational photos - my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, generational photos are always so meaningful!

      Delete
  3. I plan to copy almost all of this! Sincerest form of flattery right?!?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! I love pulling ideas from other people & blending them together to reflect my style! :) Copy away!

      Delete
  4. I love this post, Lori. I *may* be tearing up, because not only do you recognize the celebration of Hailey, but she recognizes the celebration in her life. Love you friend, and these beautiful decorations...which I may or may not copy one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable party!! Those last pictures of her and the cake and the Smile!!! Love! My little has a December birthday and I think her theme this year is going to be Snow Bunny! Happy belated Birthday to your sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot even keep track of all of the cuteness in this post!! What a BEAUTIFUL party for such a BEAUTIFUL little girl. Not only are your decorations SO pretty, but the joy is leaking out of everyone in every single picture. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty party!!
    I love the colors that you chose, Hailey's adorable shirt and headband, and that wonderful rosette cake!! :)

    ReplyDelete